- NEC Skills Show Visit - Friday 17th November 2017 @ 10.30am to End of School day (Reply Letter to be handed in by 14th Nov 2017)
- Year 11 Progress Review Day - Thursday 7th December @ 2.00pm to 7.00pm
Our Year 10 and Year 11 learners study a range of GCSEs and vocational qualifications. Our curriculum also includes non-qualification study and learning focussed on preparing learners for life and work when they leave school. These ’employability skills’ are based upon the unique Studio Schools CREATE framework and include extensive work to develop learners' spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness and activity. This includes preparing our students to positively approach life in modern Britain.
Subjects available at Stephenson Studio School include:
- Core Subjects : English, English Literature, Maths, Science, ECDL*
- Additional Academic Subjects : Film Studies*
- Additional Vocational Subjects : Leisure and Tourism*, Business Studies
- Work Related Vocational Subjects : Hair & Beauty, Engineering, Construction, Animal Care
- Personal and Community Development : Citizenship, Tutorials, Core Project, Personal Coaching, PE
* These subjects will not be running in the future
Click on the links to find out more about our subjects:
A PERSONALISED CURRICULUM
At Stephenson Studio School our curriculum offer, our approach to teaching and the experience our learners receive is very different to traditional schools and colleges.
We believe every young person is unique.
We personalise the curriculum on offer in our school in response to the needs and aspirations of each learner. Bespoke pathways can be developed for learners by our team of coaches and partners to ensure every young person embarks upon an aspiration journey that fits them as an individual.
In all cases we are concerned with meaningful progression into employment, either directly from the school through further training, FE courses or apprenticeships.