- NEC Skills Show Visit - Friday 17th November 2017 @ 10.30am to End of School day (Reply Letter to be handed in by 14th Nov 2017)
- Year 11 Progress Review Day - Thursday 7th December @ 2.00pm to 7.00pm
- This course is not running anymore.
BTEC COMPUTER SCIENCE
Learners follow the Btec Level 2 First Award in Information and Creative Technology.
Learners will complete four units of study in years 10 and 11.
- Unit 01 - The online world(online test)
- Unit 02 - Digital Technology (online test)
- Unit 03 - Digital Portfolio (Internally assessed through a portfolio of evidence)
- Unit 08 - Mobile App Development
- Unit 12 - Software Development (Internally assessed through an assignment)
- Unit 14 - Installing and Maintaining Computer Hardware (Internally assessed through an assignment)
What career opportunites are there?
One of the main purposes of the Btec First Award is to help learners to progress to employment. The vast majority of employers require people to have certain technical skills, knowledge and understanding to work in a particular sector, but they are also looking for employability skills to ensure that all employees are effective in the workplace.
Employability skills enable learners to adapt to the ever changing roles needed to survive in the global economy. These skills including self-management, team working, business awareness, problem solving, communication, basic literacy and numeracy, a positive attitude to work and the use of IT.
After successfully completing your Btec First Award in Information and Creative Technology, the following routes are available to you:
- A Level in Computer Science
- Microsoft or Cisco Technical Training
- Appropriate technical training and apprentiships