- 6th July 2017 - Transition day at Beaumanor Hall for all new Y10s
- Last day for Y10 out on work experience is Wednesday 12th July 2017
As an optional subject, Film Studies covers a whole range of films from both inside and outside Hollywood.
For your in dept study we will investigate a 'superhero' film and for your coursework you will study a film of your choice in depth as well as having the opportunity to create a short film of your own.
On this course you will:
- Study a film genre (this years the genre is superheroes)
- Study films outside Hollywood (the set film for this year is Tsotsi)
- Investigate film composition, production and distribution
How is the course assessed
Film studies is Assessed in two parts:
- 50% controlled assessment (there are two pieces of controlled assessment work you need to complete)
- 50% exam (there are two exams to be completed at the end of year 11)
What career opportunities are there?
After successfully completing your Film Studies GCSE, the following routes are available to you:
- A Level Film Studies
- A Level Media
- A range of creative professions