- Progress Review Day - Thursday 22nd March - School to Close 1pm
- School Closed - Friday 23rd March - INSET/Staff Training
- This course is not running anymore.
GCSE Geography is an optional subject. We follow the WJEC board for Geography and you can find out more information on their website - www.wjec.co.uk
There are three units of study:
- Challenges of Living in the Built Environment.
- People and Natural World Interactions
- Uneven Development and Sustainable Environments
How is the course assessed?
There are three exams which need to be sat at the end of year 11:
- Unit 1: One hour
- Unit 2a: 30 minutes
- Unit 2b: One hour 30 minutes
There is also one piece of controlled assessment work that is worth 25% of your final grade.
Do I need to do fieldwork?
Yes, fieldwork is a compulsory element of the course, and will be used in your Controlled Assessment.