- Open Evening on Thursday 5th October from 3.45pm until 6.45pm.
GCSE Geography is an optional subject. We follow the WJEC board for Geography and you can find out more information on their website - www.wjec.co.uk
There are three units of study:
- Challenges of Living in the Built Environment.
- People and Natural World Interactions
- Uneven Development and Sustainable Environments
How is the course assessed?
There are three exams which need to be sat at the end of year 11:
- Unit 1: One hour
- Unit 2a: 30 minutes
- Unit 2b: One hour 30 minutes
There is also one piece of controlled assessment work that is worth 25% of your final grade.
Do I need to do fieldwork?
Yes, fieldwork is a compulsory element of the course, and will be used in your Controlled Assessment.