- Open Evening - Tuesday 5th February 2019 - 3pm to 7pm
- School Newsletter - Half Term 2
- JUST A REMINDER: All Year 11s are expected to go to college on January 7th 2019
- Mock Exams Timetable - Dec 2018
- Stephenson Studio School secures removal of special measures
We follow the Edexcel Exam Board specification for GCSE maths. You can find out more information at the Edexcel website.
Learners are required to develop knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concept, including: Number, Algebra, Ratio, proportion and rates of change, Geometry, Probability and Statistics.
Is there an exam
Yes, learners sit three exams at the end of year 11. Each exam is worth a third of their final grade...
- Paper 1-Non Calculator
- Paper 2-Calculator
- Paper 3-Calculator
What grades are available?
Maths is graded using the new 9 - 1 criteria where 9 is the highest grade achievable and 1 being the lowest.
What career opportunities are there?
Any job or work experience placement needs a good level of numeracy and a sound understanding of mathematics. The Future Morph website explains how studying science, maths and engineering can help give you the skills and knowledge relevant to many different careers.