- It is possible that uniform may change for next academic year and as such please do not purchase existing uniform for 2019-2020 until arrangements are confirmed. Thank you, Stephenson Studio School.
- Study Leave 2019
Learners explore the following areas through their Citizenship lessons:
- Parliamentary democracy and the key elements of the constitution of the United Kingdom, including the power of government, the role of citizens and Parliament in holding those in power to account, and the different roles of the executive, legislature and judiciary and a free press Pa
- The different electoral systems used in and beyond the United Kingdom and actions citizens can take in democratic and electoral processes to influence decisions locally, nationally and beyond
- Other systems and forms of government, both democratic and non-democratic, beyond the United Kingdom
- Local, regional and international governance and the United Kingdom's relations with the rest of Europe, the Commonwealth, the United Nations and the wider world
- Human rights and international law
- The legal system in the UK, different sources of law and how the law helps society deal with complex problems
- Diverse national, regional, religious and ethnic identities in the United Kingdom and the need for mutual respect and understanding
- The different ways in which a citizen can contribute to the improvement of his or her community, to include the opportunity to participate actively in community volunteering, as well as other forms of responsible activity
- Income and expenditure, credit and debt, insurance, savings and pensions, financial products and services, and how public money is raised and spent.