- Exams Timetable - 2018/2019
- Mock Exams Letter - March 2019 - Starting Monday 4th March 2019
- Application Letter – Junior Leadership Team - Under the For Students Links Section
- School Newsletter - Half Term 2
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
As a core subject, you will study both English Literature and English Language. For English Literature, you will study 15 poems, Blood Brothers, Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde and our Shakespeare text Macbeth. For language you will study 19th, 20th and 21st Century texts as well as produce your own creative pieces.
On this course you will
- Investigate and analyse a series of set texts
- Produce creative pieces of writing
- Record a speech for your Speaking and Listening assessment certificate
How is the course assessed
English is assessed by 100% exam. For English Language there are two exam papers. For English Literature there are two exam papers.
What career opportunities are there?
Success in English can lead to a wide range of careers from journalism to law. All employers want to know that you can read and write.